The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City’s Saturday in the Park Festival announces its Kid’s Zone, Arts Alley, and Beer Garden line-up for its 2016 event. This year features a spectacular selection of fun, games, and refreshments for every age.
The festival is one of the largest one-day family-friendly events in the Midwest and offers a huge assortment of activities geared for children. This year’s Rivercade/KCAU Kid’s Zone is packed with local vendors and activities that will inspire kids to learn, laugh, and burn some energy. Get your wristband and join in the fun from 12pm to 7pm.
- KCAU’s Weather Booth: Join ABC9 Chief Meteorologist Fred Hexom and see what it takes to predict and explain the weather. Win a chance to forecast the weather and be featured on ABC9 News the night of the show.
- Mr. Twister: Mr. Twister and Ms. Twist are back to twist balloons into crazy shapes and sculptures.
- Meyer’s Petting Zoo: Come pet, feed, and enjoy goats, sheep, a mini donkey, a mini pony, and a llama from 12pm to 5pm the day of the festival.
- MagicMan: Corey Fravel has even more tricks up his sleeve this year, so make you don’t miss this entertaining show!
- Face Painting: What’s a festival without face painting? or temporary tattoos? or fun hair color? Happy Faces does it all.
- Inflatables: This year’s Kid Zone features obstacle courses, the Eurobungy, bounce houses, and the return of the Ferris Wheel!
Arts Alley has never been more proud of the variety, selection, and quality of the artists and designers. Featuring local and national talent, Arts Alley has always been the source for unique finds, handcrafted gifts, and festival garb. This year’s vendors include: Azapaza, Bio Chi Institute, Bodhi Imports, Christy’s Crystals, Cosmic Dyes, Divas Bow Design, Happy Faces, Irie Moon Sunglasses, Island Shop/Caribbean Music, Live Laugh & Shop, Mary Jane’s Silk Addiction, Outcense, PJ Passions, Peacemaker Jewelry/Hillbilly Rock Shop, Quicha Crafts, So Fab Creations, Sunny Day Creations, TAT2U and The Necklace Guys.
For the oldest kids, here’s what growing in the Saturday in the Park Beer Gardens this year.
• Enjoy cans of domestic favorites from the Budweiser family, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Select 55, Michelob Golden Draft, Bud Light Lime, Bud Light & Clamato Chelada, as well as Michelob ULTRA and Shock Top’s Lemon Shandy.
• Drafts and microbrews include Shock Top’s Belgian White, Goose Island’s IPA and Four Star Pilsner, and Sierra Nevada.
• We’re also happy to represent Millstream Schild Brau Amber from Iowa’s first and oldest craft brewery.
The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Sioux City’s Saturday in the Park is a free festival that draws more than 30,000 music lovers from throughout the country. The 2016 event line-up includes Kacey Musgraves, Kongos, Big Head Todd and The Monsters, and more. For more information, and for a complete list of vendors, head to www.saturdayinthepark.com. We post immediate updates and insider information on our Twitter and Facebook pages.